Sunday 7 September 2014

The Almighty Green Juice


Well I gave in and jumped on the bandwagon by trying the infamous 'green juice/smoothie' today, and I have to say I was not disappointed.

Charlie's normally produces delicious drinks, my personal favourites including the 'Old Fashioned Lemon Quencher' (which is basically a traditional homemade style lemonade) and 'Honest Berry Whole Fruit Smoothie'. Even though I've loved their drinks in the past, the main reason I chose Charlie's out of the multitude of options was its lack of celery. If you're craving celery, one, you're crazy, but you're gonna have to go somewhere else.


The colour is quite frightening. The first taste was fairly nerve wracking, I was half expecting to spit it out in disgust. The first sip you really taste all the fruits, which is a tad overwhelming, but not in a particularly bad way. The next couple of sips are much more enjoyable, but it takes a while to get through the whole thing (even though the bottle is tiny).

The most noticeable flavours (to someone who is completely oblivious to the subtleties of flavours) are orange, apple (especially the aftertaste), and whatever the heck 'spirulina' is! I'm sure the other couple of fruits are more noticeable to green smoothie experts, health fields and the like, but honestly I have no idea.


The only fault in the drink is the size to price ratio. A small bottle is around 4 bucks, and the big bottle around 6, but you can't really buy the big one to walk around with so you're kind of forced to go with the small option. Even so, if you think about the price of smoothies from speciality health stores, its still pretty good.

All in all, the green is a hit.

~ Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment